A SPECIAL video for you! See how I made quick gains in LYFT this week and listen to the end for my HUGE lesson for you when trading options. Yes…Even I needed the reminder even though I’m up so much. Watch Here.
Ready for the trading week??
On Friday I wrote up an ‘Off the Charts’ segment of Mad Money with Jim Cramer.
In the segment I pointed out how the relationship between the VIX and the VXN was changing.
Now, before I go any further, there is probably a reader or two that saw the word VIX and their eyes glazed over.
This is probably the same reader that has been told by some guru’s ‘not to worry about trading the VIX…because it is too hard!”
In life and ESPECIALLY in trading I think traders need to check the laziness and do a little digging. Because the advice Teddy Roosevelt once gave the nation rings especially true in trading:
“NOTHING WORTH HAVING COMES EASY!”
I firmly believe that anyone can become a full time trader that wants to.
It’s not about IQ (although that helps)…it is about determination….It is about gaining an edge.
So, knowing that you need an edge…why would a person tell you ‘something is not worth learning?’
The answer is either
- It’s not worth learning
- The guru doesn’t want to do the work to teach themselves so they can pass along the knowledge
- The person thinks you are stupid
I will tell you this much, when it comes to trading, I have NEVER found something not worth learning.
Thus the answer has to be 2 or 3.
In fact it might be BOTH.
Almost certainly things like the VIX are worth learning about, but I know MANY a trader that are too lazy to learn how to capture the edge in that product (which is maybe why there is so much edge in trading VIX and Volatility).
So, I would establish that almost all the time when someone tells you a trading approach isn’t worth learning, they are being lazy.
Now the fact that a person would say that to you…also means the answer is number 3.
But here is the good news…
→>THEY ARE DEAD WRONG.
There is no way you are stupid….
Unless you take their advice.
Your Only Option,
By the way, If you want the insight, know-how and power to score BIG gains on “vol” consistently, our trading service “Vol Edge” allows you to place a winning bet. You ARE Smart enough! Let me help you.
- DISCLAIMER: FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY; NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE. The materials presented from Option Pit LLC are for your informational and educational purposes only. Neither Option Pit LLC nor its employees nor its affiliates offer investment, legal or tax advice of any kind, and the analysis displayed with various tools does not constitute investment, legal or tax advice and should not be interpreted as such. Using the data and analysis contained in the materials for reasons other than the informational and educational purposes intended is at the user’s own risk.
- Option Pit LLC is not responsible for any losses that may occur from transactions effected based upon information or analysis contained in the presented materials. Option Pit LLC IS NOT AN INVESTMENT ADVISOR OR REGISTERED BROKER. Specific trading ideas or strategies discussed in the presentations or materials are entirely illustrative and do not constitute a solicitation of a transaction (or transactions) or a recommendation to execute a particular transaction or implement a particular trading strategy.
- To the extent that you make use of the concepts with the presentation material, you are solely responsible for the applicable trading or investment decision. Use caution when entering any option transaction and it is recommended you consult with your financial advisor for investment, legal or tax advice relating to options transactions.