Hey There Income Hunters,
A passive income business that could offer you a tremendous quality of life in or out of retirement sounds pretty great.
Well, one of the biggest benefits of owning crypto is the ability to participate in delegated staking rewards, which are similar to owned-stock dividend distributions — yet can be much more lucrative than the average returns gained from dividend income.
Did you know that there is currently $200 billion dollars invested in Crypto staking rewards? And since the probability of below average equity returns over the next 10-years is high, you must consider diversifying into the big business of crypto investing and staking rewards.
Today, I’l give you the how, where and why of staking.
The How of Crypto Transaction Validation
Most cryptocurrency projects are built on open decentralized platforms that avoid third party intermediaries.
So, validation of transactions is done via blockchain technology, which stores transactions on a digital ledger.
There are two consensus mechanisms that provide the necessary validation of digital transactions over blockchain:
- Proof of Work (POW): This is the process of mining. Miners use computing power — and lots of it — to solve complex equations that ultimately validate transactions over the blockchain network … This is a resource-intensive process due to the amount of energy required. Examples of POW are Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum (first iteration) just to name a few
- Proof of Stake (POS): POS uses smart contracts, which delegate movements of the digital coins into a blockchain “safe.” This process is 99% less resource intensive. POS is a much more efficient mechanism validating transactions. Also Cardano, Polkadot and Binance validate transactions using the POS mechanism.
The Why of Staking
This is very important to understand because staking is a game changer for decentralized finance.
- Staking is the use of coins instead of computing power in the consensus mechanism process.
- The aggregation of coins used in a transaction creates new blocks on the blockchain. The new blocks are simply built instead of mined. This makes the process mechanism extremely efficient from an energy use perspective.
- Lastly, stakers earn rewards similar to miners. Miners create new coins and earn rewards for their work … Stakers create new coins, stake them and earn between 1% and 20% annualized return, and can also compound those annual returns as often as weekly. This is a very powerful way to create generational wealth … …
The Where for Staking
- Exchanges: Staked coins may be stored at exchanges like Coinbase, Binance and Kraken, as well as many other custodians who service cryptocurrencies.
- Wallets: There are private wallets that allow you hold the private keys to your wallet. This storage eliminates counterparty risk — no one can touch your coins if you hold the private keys …
You simply delegate your coins to the exchanges or your own private wallet and they are aggregated into a pool. The larger the pool the more you can earn …
The Coinbase wallet app offers this private key facility and only you have access to the coins held there. Others offering a similar service are Ledger and Trezor.
Remember, if you don’t own your private key, you don’t privately own your crypto and are at risk of hacking and losing your investment.
Example of Staking Polkadot
The Polkadot crypto project enables cross-blockchain transfers of any type of data or asset, not just tokens. This is a critical feature as more and more blockchain networks are added to the universe.
Once you exchange your dollars for Polkadot coins, you can delegate your coins to your private ledger, for instance Ledger Nano S is a private hardware wallet you can store the coins on …
Key Features of Staking Polkadot Coins
- You can earn 12+ annualized returns by staking your Polkadot coins
- You can choose compounding your rewards every 3 or 4 days or to receive the rewards into your spending wallet
- You have unrestricted access to your assets and can unstake at any time.
This is a real income stream. You can use it to supplement your income and pay your essential goods and services on a monthly basis …
Bring it Home
Income hunters need to think outside the box … cryptocurrencies and decentralized finance WILL revolutionize society and finance as we know it.
Get involved with a small portion of your investable assets to gain confidence in the process and prove the distribution of rewards into your private wallet.
The benefits are twofold … You invest a portion of your paper dollars into a decentralized digital currency and you earn much greater returns than you can in US financial fixed income assets.
I will be bringing you much more on the opportunities available in the crypto space.
Until then …
Live and Trade With Passion My Friends,